Friday, July 1, 2011

Mobile App Index: 93.70(+1.45%) WE 6/24/11

Winners: VOCS +15.10%
Losers: VELT -6.92%, VRNG -9.09%

The Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500 appeared to be heading in a more positive direction too.



This is a late post as last week the family travelled around Western Washington and BC Canada - using a Motorola Xoom tethered to an Android HTC Inspire with AT&T Wireless to enhance the experience.  OpenTable, Google Maps, Bing Search, Google Places, and TripAdvisor all proved extremely helpful with the travel and urban experiences -- key scenarios for the mobile application user.  The only surprise for me was that despite double checking on the international coverage for my account -- we live on the boarder with Canada -- AT&T shut down my data plan and required me to pay a monthly fee for international data roaming after we returned.  Combine that with the lemon experience I had with my HTC Surround, and AT&T is not looking like an ideal partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment